Why do Liberals defend Terrorists?

If you take out the terrorist aspect of the Muslim faith, all you have left is another anti-choice extremist group, and we all know how liberals feel about them.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It does appear that some liberals are against the anti-choice religious extremists (as they point out in abortion, ssm, and other moral issues)~ But then they tend to not feel the same towards many in the Muslim faith, etc... Or maybe they should be more tolerant towards ALL religions with moral boundaries.... It appears, IMO, some Liberals are trying to have it 'their' way while selectively choosing when to apply their liberal principles....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not all Muslims are terrorist. And not all terrorist are Muslims.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think it's a natural tendency for liberals to "champion the under dog!" And when someone is being mercilessly "picked on" no matter, the reason(s) why...they feel a need to defend them. Except of course, when those being picked on are conservatives or Republicans!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm a liberal Atheist and so I don't defend ANY religious group- whether they are 'terrorist' or not.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Are you talking about terrorists or Muslims? The first part of your question is regarding terrorist, who NOBODY in their right mind would defend. The very next sentence says "take the terrorist aspect out" and then goes on to criticize Muslims.

I think your question is not really a question, but a statement.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• This is one of the most bigoted comments I have ever read. I'm no liberal, but I will always say that it is a person's right to religious freedom.

Oh and not all Muslims are terrorists. Way to be closed minded to other cultures and their beliefs.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• wow! We defend a person's right to worship as they please.Gee,we all know that Christians don't impede anyone's rights to choose don't we.....?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Or the ones who defend the man who murdered Dr. Tiller?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Liberals don't defend Terrorists. What is wrong with you?????
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Liberals do not defend terrorism, its ridiculous to claim that they do. The Islamic faith is not terroristic in nature, it's on par with all other abrahamic religions in the amount of violence in the religious text. Islam, is actually a very forgiving religion, but the culture in the middle east is different from the culture here in the U.S. I could go on...but it would be pointless. Since you seem to think they are anti-choice heathens, you could try researching their religion and what the official stance on issues such as abortion is, I think you'd be surprised by some of what you find.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 9:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010