Foley Catheter Induction

I was wondering if anyone has any personal experience, or knows someone, with an induction using a foley catheter. I really want more information about the initial pain of insertion and how long it took from start to delivery. Please do not lecture me about induction and try to talk me out of it, I've already carried my baby 5 weeks longer than we initially thought would be possible and my doctor and I feel that induction is the best choice at this point. Thanks!

mommawhite08

Asked by mommawhite08 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Hey, I was induced and it wasn't that big of a deal. I was only a week late but it was ENOUGH! My daughter was9lbs. 5ozs. SO induction was important because of her size. Anyhow, I don't remember the cath being that bad. My mind was so on other things! I think there was a little discomfort at first but then I didn't notice it after a while. When it came out, a little discomfort but, it was a relief to get it out and go on my own. Good Luck, and enjoy your little one when they get here!!!!

breastfeeding

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 1:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• foley cathaders arent that bad.... they numb the area before they put it in.... and it would only be slightly painful... i had pain killers so i didnt notice much excpet a lil pressure....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 1:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008