I need a fun birthday idea for my sons 7th birthday......it will just be him and my husband and I. I live in Florida

readytogetgoing

Asked by readytogetgoing at 8:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You could let him invite one friend, have pizza, cake, rent a movie and do a sleepover. If you don't want to add a friend, take him out to dinner and a movie. One of those fun, kid-friendly restaurants.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:41 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• thats a good idea. I looked up some water parks but WOW they are out of my price range.
    readytogetgoing

Comment by readytogetgoing (original poster) at 8:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I just saw on a tv commercial, they are selling the sea world child tickets for $5(wasn't paying that close attention, but you could probably look it up online)...that would be a fun birthday! ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Phew, I just looked it up and that offer is good only when you pay regular admission price for an adult, which is like $70. Man that's crazy expensive.
    Well, what about camping? ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Disney!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:04 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• yeah, thats also out of my budget.....80ish dollars per ticket!!
    readytogetgoing

Comment by readytogetgoing (original poster) at 9:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I live in S. FL. Don't know where in FL you are but how about Monkey Joe's? Lots of kids, bounce houses, big slides, video games, pizza, popcorn, cupcakes, etc.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think the camping idea would be great.

You could also build a fort in the living room, grab sleeping bags (you, your dh and your ds, or let ds have a friend or two over and they do it and you all don't sleep out there), let him pick like 2 or 3 movies / video games to rent, do something like pizza or nachos or whatever his favorite food is, and do an "all nighter". (LOL - he will probably crash way before the night's over, but hey, he'll have fun doing it...)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Oh, I should add - the food has to be something that can be eaten in the "fort" of course! :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I live in Palm Coast.
    Im gonna check out those sites, and i LOVE the fort ideas. He would just adore that!
    readytogetgoing

Comment by readytogetgoing (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2010