Question about measuring for a bra.

I want to measure myself instead of going anywhere for it. The reason, everywhere I've gone for it has either asked for a $25 fee (which they assure me will be refunded after a $75 bar purchase, which is a little-lot out of my price range) or they did it over my shirt which just seems like it would add inches to everything, especially since the shirt was bunchy.
What I am wondering is do I measure with a bra on or without? I'm confused. Without, then they are sagged halfway to my belly button, and as everyone knows when they sag, they get flatter against the chest.
But, if I do it with the bra on, aren't I going to get an inaccurate measurement since my bras are, I think, too small and have everything smooshed and squeezed into a bra at least 1 cup size too small.
A little help and direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :-)

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 8:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Do it with your best fitting bra on, but there are some things you should remember to get the best fit. Measure your band first. If it's an odd number, round up. Cup sizes are relative to band size, so if you wanted to down from a 36 to a 34, your cups would be too small. For every size you go down in band, you need to go up one in cup. Example: If you are wearing a 36D right now, but determined you needed to get a smaller band, you would need a 34DD.
    The bra should fit comfortably on the LARGEST fastener, and too tight on the smallest. Bras are designed like this so you don't have to get a new one when the elastic starts to stretch.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Huh? Where'd you go? Just go to VS. They do it for free.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Where do you go? I have never heard of such an absurd thing as stores charging for measurements. I have always had them measured with bra and shirt on and the are really accurate. You could always go to a store and try a size or more up in band/cup size. I try to go by feel, some type fit differently. Then I put my shirt on over to make sure they look right.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2010