i have an almost 7 yr old.....have had two miscarraiges and would like to have another child, but not sure I can go through loosing another one. Should I just count my blessings that I have one healthy boy or should I try again?

readytogetgoing

Asked by readytogetgoing at 8:55 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Only you can truely answer this question. I am not you and can not say how much more you can take if the worst should happen again. Maybe talk to your doctor and get a plan of action in place.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Was there any specific reason, that you know of, that caused the loss of the other two babies? for example, if your cervix wasnt closing correctly? A obgyn could help you address taht. Have you considered adopting?
    JacyB

Answer by JacyB at 9:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, only you can answer that. Is it worth it to try again and maybe lose again? Can you live with that. You might be stronger than you think! You and DH will make the right choice. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:12 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• we had talked about adopting...my husband is a boy factory so we had thought of maybe adopting a girl. but we've never thought about it in depth.

And i lost both pregnancies between the 9th and 12th week. I have two fibroids that OBGYN has said not to worry about, however if the embryos are trying to attatch to the wall around that time and attatch to the fibroid instead, they will not be able to grow. and if I have it removed I will have scar tissue, which also will not support an embryo's growth.

Another OBGYN told me that after a third miscarraige we will start to look into why this is happening......needless to say I never went back to her.
    readytogetgoing

Comment by readytogetgoing (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• thanks. My DH is very supportive! And you made me smile with the "may be stronger than I think".
    readytogetgoing

Comment by readytogetgoing (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Have you met with a high risk pregnancy specialist? Had genetic counseling?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I've had 3 miscarriages and even this current pregnancy started as twins but one baby never developed. This is truly your decision, but if you want more kids, why not try again? Healthy babies can be born after multiple miscarriages. Happens all the time. Good luck to you.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Of course you should count your blessings. You have a child! Does not mean you should stop trying even though you have a had a few losses? You have to look into your heart for that answer! For me I have had 3 losses in the last 24 months and do not have a child. The losses never get easier but I am still trying. My doctor ran every test that she wanted to see if there is a reason for the losses. No reason could be discovered. Now I have turned to Traditional Chinese Medicine and am still trying. I wish you luck and strength as you make the decisions that is best for you and your family.
    LorisBaby

Answer by LorisBaby at 9:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You can but its your choice. I have had a lot of miscarriages. I have one child after a string of miscarriages. I am high risk so i go to a specialist but the dr ran tests to see why i was having them. And we found out it was low progestrone and so the dr wrote out a script for it and i had my son.
    willysmama

Answer by willysmama at 11:33 AM on Jul. 18, 2010