how would you feel?

If you asked your guy if he was told you were dead and in a year he finds out that you were kidnapped and you were back... and he replies what if I was married... How would you feel? I felt a little betrayed if he could get over me that fast and plus we were together for 2 years and not married...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like he is a smartass. Only you know your guy, but do you think he was trying to piss you off, or he meant it? Yeah I would be hurt and pissed off. Even if he meant it, its kinda weird that he said it knowing you would be hurt.
    Allie428

Answer by Allie428 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Cheese and rice, would you want him to pine over you and not move on with his life?? Come on, a year is enough time for "mourning". He was probably just being a smart ass, and besides, it was obviously a rhetorical question. I don't think he said that to intentionally hurt you. He has a valid point though. Many people mourn differently. I would be obviously upset if this happened, but I also wouldn't want him to spend his life hoping that it wasn't true. I'd want him to move on at some point. It hasn't happened, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Anonymous

• I would hope he would move on but when it comes to our relationship he isn't even talking marriage yet and he would marry someone in a year period of time though....that's what hurt!
    Anonymous

• maybe he was on the rebound because he was hurt you were gone. That makes people vulnerable. Maybe (if in fact he was married) she supported him and loved him. Maybe he planned on proposing to you??
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 1:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I'm just curious as to why the question came up in the first place?

Anyway, he probably wasn't thinking about what a small amount of time a year is. He was probably just thinking of "Castaway" or something, and that was the first situation that popped in his head.
    BigMommaJesca

Answer by BigMommaJesca at 2:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• How can you get angry over a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question? That's just ridiculous. No one knows how they would respond to any given situation until they are in it anyway, so why are you courting trouble? What have you got to be upset about? Or should I say, what are you REALLY upset about? That he turned your question back on you? Or that he hasn't proposed yet?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• These kind of questions are traps...either lie or tell the truth..both are traps lol.
    mybabygirlz

Answer by mybabygirlz at 3:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2008