Did you send your child to preschool or headstart?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 9:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yeah, she was sent to both. We signed her up for head start on her 3rd birthday after hearing begging for school for a year and a half. :-) There was an opening from a kid who had just moved, so she started in March of the year she turned 3 and finished that year. She was in headstart again the next year, and it was the same class, same teachers, but since she was 4, they called it preschool.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• preK..he was in childcare anyway, and naturally progressed into that classroom. the teachers all said he was waaaay ready for it before the scheduled-promotion hit. (shameless bragging, i know! lol!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:35 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yep. This will actually be Haidn's second year of preschool.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:38 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My 16 year old was going to go but complications from cancer made it impossible. But he thinks he went.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My son started prechool at 3. He will be going again this year. He LOVES it!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• sure did and glad i did!! my now 10 yr old was in headstart daycare and preschool and it was in headstart that they discovered that he may have a learning disablity and sure enough here going to the 4th grades, he's been diagnosed wit ADHD since 1st grade, taking medication and going through school like a champ. we have our moment now and then when he wants to be lazy and not do his work but at the end of the day he knows that we or his teachers wont settle until he's tried and done his best
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• no, i don't qualify for either. and i'm not going to pay the $20,000 for private school when it's basically a daycare and i'm a sahm anyway.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• my middle child got to go for a speach delay, but my other kids went to private pre-schools. I think, it was well worth it. Anything, that gives the kids a little edge in starting school, help them...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Private preschool - we don't qualify for Headstart.

Answer by missanc at 11:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• both my boys went to pre-k for 1 year
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 17, 2010