what would you do?

If you saw 3 kittens around your house but could not catch them? Would you give them food and milk? what would you do?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:31 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pets

• yep, I'd put out food & fresh water for them. I wouldn't put out milk since I'm in FL and it would spoil extremely quickly in our heat
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would feed them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Don't give them milk. Cats actually lack the enzyme to properly digest it . It can make them quite ill.

Give them some food and see if you can gain their trust. Or, call animal control.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i have already put out food and milk for them, and i dont see any mommy cat in sight, but its no good to call the spca because they are like 2 hrs away and by the time they got here the kittens would be long gone!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would definitely give them food, I often have and ended up keeping some of them or try finding them a home. You got to realize once you give them food they are not going anywhere and they will eventually let you touch them and pet them.

Answer by older at 9:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Be prepared to have them forever if you feed them. ( BTW - I probably would too)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'd give them food and call the humane society to pick them up.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Contact the spca or animal control and see if you can rent a have-a-heart trap. Put the food and water (never feed a cat milk)in the trap. Once you catch them take them to the shelter or find them a home. Also at least where I live, there are rescue groups that deal only with stray/feral cats. If you can find one they can help trap and rehome them.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had one show up a couple of months ago- whoever said be prepared for them to stay forever is So Right! i have now named him " Bika" LOL!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would set a humane trap with food in it to try to catch them. If I had no luck there I will feed them until they trust me enough that I can catch them and take them to the vet to be fixed and vaccinated
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2010