Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

now what...

I gave the attorney general info. as to where I thought my ex was working. They called and he does not work directly with this company, but there are several sub-contractors. The lady was honest with the A.G. lady, saying if she did start asking around - that my ex would probably run.
SO, I get the message from the A.G.'s office saying - Basicly, I'm screwed. Sorry, he'll just keep running - there is nothing more we can do.
It just upsets me. My kids and I can make it on what I make per month on a very strict budget and hoping the car doesn't need repairs or someone gets ill. Cuz - umm, all the medical in on my shoulder's as well...
The government is upset over peoole getting money from the government (which, I do not qulify for) - Why not spend more money on finding these dead-beat parents...? If he'd owed the IRS money, I'm sure, they'd find him.
It just upset me that we stuggle. Would I better off quiting my job?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I actually might be able to help you if you want to listen and hear...You can message me

    Answer by Happymom2-2 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Would you qualify for more $$$ than you make now? Keep chasing him, don't let him ecape his responsibilities!

    Answer by Nyx7 at 10:14 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • Hun you can put a lein on his taxes, and if he were to get hurt in a car accident and get a settlement check you could do the same with that money. they will eventually lock him up and the money he pays to get out will go to you. i know its tiring and ANNOYING but keep trying!!! he will keep building that debt and it doesnt JUST GO AWAY! trust. my mom has been dealing with my dad for years and he owes enough to pay off my school loans!!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • I know if he owed the irs they will get there money. But we mother have to do the best we can.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 10:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • why don't you try to track him down on your own? and if he owes enough there could be a warrant out for him and if you find him the police would arrest him then and there (no time to run)

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

  • what also, upset me is that if he was dead, not that I want something to happen to him - the government would send me a check every month no questoins asked - his social security. BUT no he's still alive running away from his responsability. Why not take his SS now, to help his kids and he can struggle when he gets old... He'll never catch up on his child support debt, as it is now. Never mind adding on the years until the kids turn 18.

    Answer by SassySue123 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 17, 2010