i'm 37 weeks today! :) 2 weeks ago i wasnt dialated then last week i was dialated to a 2-3, yesterday i am now a 3? How much longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well the good news is that your body is working perfectly fine, and you are getting a lot done without actually being "in labor"! The bad news is that dialation does not indicate how soon you will go into labor. It is never a good indicator. In fact, there is absolutely no medical justification for doing a vaginal exam unless you suspect something is there that shouldn't be, like the cord or an arm. Don't stress, the baby will come both when the baby is ready and when your body is ready, and that normally occurs up until the end of week 42, with only 3% of women going into the 43rd week. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• could be within 24 hours or another 2 weeks..only baby knows the truth...just watch your contractions..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• only your little one knows
    hope it is soon for you
    you sound ready
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You already have a head start!!! it won't be long now.

Answer by older at 10:19 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• it doesn't really matter if you're dialated a little bit. it's normal to be dialated 2-3 cm for the last month. it doesn't mean that you're on the verge of labor. but gl and hope you have a healthy little one
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• anytime between now and 40 weeks. i was at 3 for almost 2 weeks. just keep track of contractions.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It could happen in the next 30 minutes or the next 3 weeks. I was dialated 1 1/2 -2 somewhere around there when I went in for a check up on a Thursday and had her on the following Saturday. My mom was dialated 5 for nearly two weeks before she went into labor with my little sister. It's just like everything else, it's different with each kid/pregnancy. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wasn't dilated at all on the 7th of this month. The morning of the 9th, I started having contractions and my water broke (as I was getting my spinal for a c-section). With one of my previous kids I was 3 cm dilated for several weeks. There's no way to predict just when it might happen!

Answer by missanc at 11:28 AM on Jul. 17, 2010