This is my favorite cold pasta salad.
* 4 ounces packaged dry mafalda, large bow tie, or campanelle pasta
* 6 cups mesclun or other spring greens
* 1 cup grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
* 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola, blue, or feta cheese (2 ounces)
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. If using mafalda, break into irregular pieces, 2 to 3 inches long. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine cooked pasta, mesclun or other spring greens, tomatoes, and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, tossing to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Divide salad evenly among four dinner plates. Sprinkle
at 11:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2010