How do you catch a lizard?

I have a little lizard trapped in my house. He walks across the window looking outside. Any ideas on how to catch him so I can take him outside?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pets

• I have always had luck using a clear glass. Put it in front of the lizard if you can, and then nudge him from behind so he'll run into the glass. My kids catch lizards all the time using their bare hands; I just don't get it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Lol how cute! I loved the lizards when I worked at Petco and PetSmart. If you can corner the little guy pick him up near his head, that way he won't try to bite you if he's scared. Don't pick him up by his tail cuz it'll break off. Or if you can't corner him get a t-towel and throw it over him and quickly pick him up. Just be careful you don't squish him!! Good luck!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 1:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• open the window and he'll most likely go out on his own.
    karasmatic

Answer by karasmatic at 1:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• ?open a window?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You have to be sneaky because they are very fast and hard to catch.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2008