If you're Wiccan, have you seen any of your spells work?

I'm just curious, what kinds of spells have you done, and what are the most extreme results you've seen? While I'm not Wiccan, I find it very interesting....if you don't mind sharing. :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:06 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh, YES. They have worked, sometimes in a very dramatic way. Roger Checkal was dying of terminal cancer. He was given a few weeks to live. And nothing was going to change that. The problem was, his daughter Melody was pregnant with his first grandson and he wanted very much to live long enough to see the baby. For the next 4 or 5 months, my daughter and I performed a series of healing spells for him. The blood tests would show clear, then the cancer would flare up again and this went back and forth. Melody was a couple of weeks short of delivering when her father visited during one of his remissions. She asked me to do a spell to make the baby come sooner. Two days before he was due to return to Calif. for more treatments, he was able to see his grandson with his own eyes and hold him in his arms. He died scarcely a month later,having accomplished his goal. Thanks to magick. Thanks to a witch.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I'm not Wiccan, but I am a Witch & Pagan... I have seen many of my spells work through the years. Although most of what I do is protection or blessings, when I do use magick for more mundane things it has always worked. The one that comes to mind at the moment was when I lost my wedding ring. We searched the entire house, tore up carpeting and even searched the drains and vents... Couldn't find it. I did a simple "Find it" spell and stopped actively looking and started to cook dinner... When I walked in to my bedroom after dinner I sat down on my bed and just happened to slip my hand under the comforter - there was my ring! We had without doubt searched the bed three or four times... Without any doubt in my mind my spell worked. Simple as it may be, there is no other explanation that makes any sense!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not a Wiccan, but a Pagan and a Witch. I have seen several of my spells/blessings work.

On the flip side, I have also seen prayers work as well.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am a Pagan who practices witchcraft.  My spells work with really good results. Most of my spells are of protection, reflection, finding lost objects, clearing away negativity, blessings etc.... Sometimes it is just a well focused chant, other times it is the full blown ritual all depending on the urgency and level of need.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Counter question...
    Have you seen any of your prayers to God work?

I am not Wiccan, but it is the same type of question. I think it is slightly insulting to question others religious practices "results".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We prayed for a child after the doctors told me I wouldn't get pregnant. As soon as I had given up trying, I started getting really depressed. I had a lot of medical issues and didn't take much stock in the fact that I was missing my period and tired. I found out I was pregnant by accident. I could take that as a prayer being answered, just the fact that the stress of no longer trying made me more at ease, or just coincidence. It really depends on how my belief and my faith works.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have done many spells, I am Wiccan, but to clarify something, tho I follow the basics of the Wiccan religion, I see myself as a Witch than religious. NOT all Wiccans practice the art of Witchcraft as with some Witches are NOT of the Wiccan beliefs...
    I have done healing,(this was to stop the cancer that my dh HAD from spreading so that the Chemo would take care of and it did) protections and blessings that all have had good outcomes.
    For me and many who do spells, it is our inner energies that are used for the intent of our purpose in a spell (I hope you understand that)...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am not Wiccan, but yes, my "spells" work. Of course, things don't always work the way we want, but a majority of mine have positive results. Most of what I do is simple chanting. For example, whenever I'm trying to rush for the bus, I always say certain words that seem to speed me up, or make the bus late. I also have always (since childhood) had a way with the weather at times. My friends used to tease me and call me Storm, though it's not quite like that, what I do. (I wish!) There are other things as well, but I will stop here.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Counter question...

Can we say rude much? The OP was being curious not insulting any one then out of the wood works you come. Get off your holier then tho high horse already. Also just so you know NO I have never seen a prayer work on it's own.

OP to answer you question yes I have seen them work. I have done a money spell, skin beautifying spell, hair growth spell, and dabbled with astral projection. They have all worked to different degrees, but I am new at it so I'm sure they get better with experience.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Ditto I am curious too.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 17, 2010