skipping periods

is it ok to take your birth control without taking the pills at the end that lets you have your period?? i know alot of birth control is made to not have a period for awhile so could i not just take my same bc without taking those and maybe have that time of the month every 2 or 3 months ?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 1:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• I wouldn't without talking to your doctor first. Like you even said, there are certain kinds that are made just for that. If yours aren't one of those kinds, don't try it until you talk to your doc.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I have a freind who used to do that, it does work but you have to be careful though. The lining still builds up on your uterus every month and if you don't have a period it makes your uterus thick and it's super painful.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2008