How to break the nighttime bottle!

My son is 14months old, he hasnt had a bottle during the day since he turned a year, and he doesnt even have one when he goes to sleep, but its DURING the night he HAS to have one! (he cosleeps w us) he will wake up randomly throughout the night, I was getting up and making a new bottle everytime and that was wearing me out, so now i just take a 8oz bottle to bed (toddler formula) and he drinks from it throughout the night. I know hes not hungry, it must just be his comfort item. he doesnt ever drink more than like 2oz at a time, but still 1 he doesnt need a BOTTLE and 2 he doesnt need to drink ALL night. The other night he drank 22oz!!! just through the night. The other night we tried to kick it out, i was up half the time rocking him, and hed go to sleep but as soon as i laid him back down hed cry wanting it, throwing his paci, demanding a bottle. I know alot of people say just throw them out and do it cold turkey, id rather

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do it in steps, i dont want him screaming all night, so any helpful ideas pleasE?
    EthansMommy5

Comment by EthansMommy5 (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Just put water in it. If he doesn't take to the water then start watering down the formula until it is only water. There is nothing wrong with having a drink at night. Both my sons still take a sippy to bed at night full of water. Actually I sometimes take water to bed too.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:55 AM on Jul. 18, 2010