What to do for my sons second birthday?

Last year I through him a birthday party at home, and it was exhausting. lol. I am willing to do it again because I received wonderful clothes from friends and family that I used through out the winter. But I want to know if there is any other ideas that are adult and kid friendly. Any idea's ?

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 11:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We had my son's first birthday at a park which let the adults hang out lay cards chat...whatever. and the kids got to play (we had older kids there he was the only baby) It was so much fun! His 2nd birthday we had at our house due to weather and our daughter being in the NICU. It was more cramped and not as much to do. This year we are having both son and daughter's bday parties in our backyard so the kids can run and play on the swing set and the grown ups can sit back and relax!
    The park was a blast! and it was only 35$ to reserve the whole area which was nice =)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We still do house parties. I was thinking about going to a petting farm, but here in Louisiana in August it is going to be way to hot. My daughter will be turning 3. We are going to cook and home and do crafts. play some music so the kids can dance and play.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 2:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Well we just got done having my daughter's 2nd birthday party and it was a total success. Last year we had it at our house and in july in ga. well sooo hot so this year we had it at Chucke Cheese's dont know if you have one where you live but it was awesome. Kids were able to play indoors, in a secure place for toddlers and adults can play or just hang it was truly great. Good luck planning yours!
    melk819

Answer by melk819 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Both DD's 1st and 2nd birthday party were/ will be at a local park. We reserved the pavilion, there's a playground right next to it, so the kids can play. Last year we grilled and people brought stuff, this year I'm ordering pizzas and bringing some side dishes. This way, even if it rains the kids can play under the pavilion, the grownups can hang out and chat, and we can invite whomever to stop by. We have a lot of close friends, and we couldn't fit everyone in our house!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 6:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Im having the same problem!! my daughters birthday is in August and we live on the sun!!! aka..las vegas. :) it's 115 out and WAY too hot even in the evening to be outdoors. Im desperately looking for ideas.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010