what do i do?

My dd is 20 months old an is over tired she is refusing to have her naps today and she is being very whiney..please somebody help!

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 12:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• go lie down w/ her & take a nap yourself. Enjoy it!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I tried that, she wont go to sleep!
    mommylisar

Comment by mommylisar (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Take her for a ride in the car with the music on. It worked like a charm for me. Otherwise a little fresh air will do the trick.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• put a movie on so she'll calm down, or read some books...forget about the nap until she is calm. My so never slept and when he would get so tired all he could do was scream I'd put a movie in and sit with him and watch it (most times he didn't want me by him so he'd sit at one end of the couch and I'd sit at the other) once he calmed down he'd come sit with me and most the time he'd fall asleep...or he'd rest while watching the movie and be less crabby by the time it was over!...He now at 2 1/2 takes no naps wakes up around 8 and goes to bed by 730!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 12:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Maybe instead of trying to make her nap, you ask her if she would like to nap. Do something that will make her REALLY tired, something where she's running and using her body a lot. It wont work right away usually but its a good place to start. I ask my 17 month old girl if she would like to nap (now without the tired activities even) and she's almost excited to do it.
    OR
    Maybe try to explain to her (I know she's young but its worth a try) that she doesn't have to nap but she does have to be quite. Give her some toys and put her in her bed, or in our case play-pin, and leave it at that.

Just be sure you're not trying to time it. Let her know that when she's done that you'll come and get her, even if it was only 5 minutes. I find that security helps them feel better about going to sleep.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2010