How many of you are submissive to your husbands??

I have often apologized to my kids when I argue in front of them with their father, saying they do not have a submissive mom and I will not put up with any crap from their dad. Do you give in to commands? or demands?

Asked by older at 12:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • rolling on floorHow many of you are submissive to your husbands??

LONG STORY

submissive-lol

question for me should read ....How many of you HAVE a submissive husband?

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think my husband is the submissive one. It's MY way or the highway.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My husband does not command me or demand anything of me.. And vice-a-versa.

We are equals in our home. One is not superior or above, therefore there is no one in the position to command or demand anything from the other.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• When we first got married, I was still recovering from a very abusive relationship. For this reason I was submissive. But my dh has worked very hard with me, and I am submissive no more. I try not to make demands or give commands. We are in an equal relationship. No one tries to hoard power over the other. I think that is how it should be.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm not submissive, but I don't like to fight in front of my child either. I don't think it's necessary to fight or be rude to get your point across. I am certainly not the "yes dear" type though. If I think something is wrong, I'll let my husband know.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm definitely not submissive but I'm not a bitch either.   Although my husband made me laugh earlier, he was snoozing in the chair and I called his name.  He woke with a start shouting :yes dear".

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Both of us are equal partners & fighters. I'm not the submissive type but neither is he! That's why we work, he won't let me be bossy & I won't let him dictate.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't say that I was submissive, but I do sometimes back away because an argument isn't worth it, lol. But no, I'm definitely not the stand-offish, quiet type, lol. I don't think my husband would like it if I was. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I was never submissive to my x-husband but am to SO but he doesn't abuse his "power". I no longer am aggressive in standing up for myself. Now I make subtle suggestions and offer considerations. There are much fewer fights that way. I think I might be growing up but not really sure!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Nyx7, great combination!!!

Comment by older (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010