Are you a strict mom?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 12:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started off being strict but then age and too many kids later oh how things change!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think most people would consider me strict. But I also know that I have one of the best behaved, most level headed daughters you will ever meet. (At least that is what her teaches have told me.) But that doesn't mean that we don't know how to have fun too!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm strict about the things that matter, like not running in the street, pulling the dog's tail.... things like coloring on the tile floor w/ sidewalk chalk on the day I need to mop anyways, nope don't care!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Well, if strict means that I consistently parent, enforcing the rules and teaching appropriate behavior, yes, I suppose I'm strict. That said, Julita is always complimented by teachers and other adults on her behavior and her abilities.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am pretty easy going but I am strict when it comes to safety and I'm strict when it comes to manners. If you want something, you ask nicely for it and you say please or you don't get it.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If strict means that DH and I set up limits and it was very clear what those limits were..............then, yes, I was a strict mom. First thing that comes to mind when someone asks me what kind of mom I am is a lot of hugs, kisses, and tickling ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm the "strict" parent, but no, I'm not a strict mom... I'm rather free range with my kids. If it isn't hurting them or someone else, I don't really care so much...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yep I'm strict. If my kids expected a warm fuzzy mama, they got the wrong one!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My children have rules and boundaries and I will discipline them when necessary but I'm actually quite a liberal mom.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It depends on the situation and the child. I'm not a push over though.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 12:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010