How many of you ladies...

that don't work and bring home some money often feel bad because of this? Do you feel the need to ask for $ before spending any? or do you take?

Asked by older at 12:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • He's lucky I don't bill him for all the things I do for him, he couldn't afford me!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I only spend what we need. My hubby tells me to go "spoil" myself sometimes, but I can't because things are tight right now and I know in a monthy or so I will have needed that money spent on something logical.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I sure as heck do. I shouldn't because my "job" is way harder, more demanding, more important and has longer hours than his but it doesn't bring in a paycheque.
    I hate having to ask for money but I also disliked it when he offered to give me money each pay day. It felt like I was either his employee or like I was getting an allowance.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't feel bad at all. WE agreed that I would stay home and take care of the kids and all the money was OUR money. Why would I feel bad spending OUR money? I don't. And he wouldn't ever try to make me feel bad for it. We are partners and share everything.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't feel bad at all. WE agreed that I would stay home and take care of the kids and all the money was OUR money. Why would I feel bad spending OUR money? I don't. And he wouldn't ever try to make me feel bad for it. We are partners and share everything."

Exactly. In my opinion, I am working, and have an extremely important job. I'm at home, raising our child. I earn half of that money that he makes, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would have an extremely hard time with that.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I do feel bad that I don't bring home any money. And yes I do check with my dh before spending money, but that is because he is the one that maintains the vehicles and knows what parts still need bought to keep them up and running.

I have looked for work and considered going back to work, but then I total up what child care would take and the whole pay check I would make ends up going toward that. So much for that. I think I'll stay home and keep the house clean and make sure we aren't paying outrageous child care costs. Maybe after the kids are all in school. That should be in another five years.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't. My husband and I like our situation. We both chose it. I COULD work if I wanted to. We have a joint account, and while I don't have to ask him to spend money, I'll usually let him know before I spend a large amount. We share everything.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I felt this way for many many years, after 38 years I feel this money is as much mine as it is his, but it took me a while to get there.

Comment by older (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2010