Have you ever got a comment from a clerk at a store about how often you shop there?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 12:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had a drink named after me at a coffee shop that I used to frequent. Lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes I have, at the grocery store, then it became a joke saying that I worked there.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I always chat with the ladies at the grocery store. I stop there daily, on my way home from work (I walk, and it's right on the way). I pick up day-old items and things from the scratch/dent bin daily. They always know when I'll be in and often set things aside for me. Very small town!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Oddly enough that happened yesterday. I went through the drive thru at Arbys and the lady remembered which condiment I liked. I thought it was so strange because I've only been there a couple times. I found it to be kind of uncomfortable.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Nope but my mom is like personal friends at most the places she shops.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 12:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, because when you frequent some place often enough they really get to know you.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• There's a convenience store in the town I grew up in and the guy who runs it remembers everything you buy! I'm not joking, the guy is like a savant or something. My husband went in there once and bought a copy of Harper's then everytime he'd go in there to buy cigarettes (we both used to smoke) the guy would say "No magazine today?" Or If I went in there to buy cigarettes for me and my husband the guy would just say "One and one?" Or he'd just take them out without a word! He did this with EVERY customer in town!

Then we moved and didn't go there for like 5 years. My husband went in the other day to get a juice when we were visiting my parents and the guy was like "How is she?" meaning me, and then he said "Did you guys move?" It's been over 5 YEARS!!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010