Spin off question....how do you ladies who don't work outside your home get your money to spend?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 12:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband's paycheck... LOL

I handle all the finances for our household from bills, to investments to savings. I handle it all. My husband royally sucks at financial matters. So he usually has to ask me for money.. lol

His money is my money.. Just like my money was his when he was a SAHD and I was the primary money earner. Everything that comes into this household is "ours".. Bills and money alike.

On top of that. I have my own savings, retirement accounts and (though small) investments from when I was working.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We have a joint account. All of our money is "our" money. When I need something I just go buy it. We will consult eachother about purchases over $500
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I do work part time, but even when I didn't there was no "my money" and "his money" it is all "our money" everything goes in to the same account and once the bills are paid we get whatever is left to spend as we see fit...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I take my hubby's bank card & either hit the atm or just use it as a debit purchase @ the store. Which I always think is hilarious! I wrote see id on the back of his card so every time he uses it (he always does it as credit) they ask for his id. I do it debit & never get ?ed. It always puts a smile on my face that I can use it easier than he can!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yeah, we talk about any major purchases, most of my expenses are groceries, walmart etc. Very rarely do I ever go shopping & if I do get something for myself its under $50. If I want a new outfit I buy him something too, this way he focuses on what he got & not what I got.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Agree with Syphon. It's our money no matter who is working. We have both been laid off at different times and I was a SAHM for a long time. Although we consult with each other over something over $100.
    Anonymous

• I work in the home so that is how I get my money. I don't spend much though as I have no desire to accumulate useless material items.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My dh and I have a joint account...it's our money.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• So if there is money left you are able to do as you please with it? Without question?
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I handle the finances, though we do have separate accounts for our spending money to keep it separate from bill money.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010