Need Gluten-Free recipe help fast!!

My Mom (who has Celiac Disease) is coming for dinner tonight and I am looking for a fast but GLUTEN-FREE chicken recipe. I have no idea what to do and all my ideas seem to be very bland. We don't have any gluten-free pasta (or much else) in the house to I'm working with rice and broccoli. Help!!!!

lifeofchaois

Asked by lifeofchaois at 1:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You can make a recipe out of corn flakes. You can either make a parmagian type chicken, flatten it a bit, dredge it in egg then in crushed cornflakes that were seasoned with parsley and garlic...then brown in hot oil then place in oven with a bit of sauce ontop and cheese sprinkled on last five minutes OR you can melt some butter, dredge chicken through (doesn't have to be flattenend) THEN and spice up your crushed cornflakes with parm cheese, parsley, garlic and a bit of oregano and dredge the chicken in it. THIS is my kids FAVORITE chicken recipe. IT cooks in a 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes. We call it GRANDMA's Chicken since DH's mom makes it. I will check in in a bit if I have internet to see if you have any q's. HUGS, Laura
    Spokenfor

Answer by Spokenfor at 1:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks Laura...I'm hoping Greg can get home early cause I don't even have cornflakes. (I'm such a bad daughter, I totally didn't think about my mom's health). Ugh.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 1:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Do you have chicken broth...maybe mushrooms? I saw Rachel Ray make this chicken and then tried it. The kids loved it. You cut it into bite size pieces and just put it in a pan with a tbsp of olive oil. Salt and pepper it. Cook it thoroughly til browned and cooked through. Take out the chicken and put on platter. You can keep warm in a 300 degree oven. In the pan you cooked your chicken, add about a cup and a half of chicken broth and cornstarch (ABOUT 1 1/2 to 2 TBSP). Makes a gravy, cook til boiling. Pour over chicken, which you can serve atop your rice. ALSO if you have mushrooms, sautee mushrooms in your chicken pan THEN add the broth and cornstarch....serve over chicken and rice.
    Spokenfor

Answer by Spokenfor at 2:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Can you have mustard? I found a simple recipe that uses dijon and spicy brown mustard. Oh and honey? =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 2:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• dredge the chicken in mustard and grill it ... we use white wine vinegar and mustard together ... or saute it with veggies ...
    ServinGsus

Answer by ServinGsus at 3:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2008