What kind of things do you post in "Answers" v "Groups"?

I made a suggestion to the CM Admin team that in Groups, Original Posters be allowed to close a topic once they had an answer. I got a very kind response back so I know they didn't just shove my problem aside. The skinny on the response I got was that in the "Answers" tab, posters could choose a best answer and close a topic but that in "Groups" the admin team didn't want to close off a possible answer or new information.

I was given the chance to ask another question of the CM Admins and so my follow-up question was the same as I am posting to you. The response I got to that was to post the question here as there were no suggestions from Admin about why a member would use one area over another.

I like this area because I have some control over it without having to edit/delete my post if things go badly or I find an answer. I like the "groups" tab because I'm not limited in how much I can say and I can type freely

CAMKsMom

Asked by CAMKsMom at 12:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in About CafeMom

• For me, Answers is just for fun. My serious (and sometimes fun) conversations all take place in my group. My group is where I do my sharing with my friends.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am of the opinion that when there is an anonymous button on one side like Q+A that......that is, " a more likely place to ask with no feelings of any post answers giving bad or friction making feedback. I usually post things quickly and it works this way much easier, it seems very taxing to put up a post in groups.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i like quick replies in Q and A
    also cross section of women and not just women who "know" about a certain topic

but use groups for important info on autism
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Groups are moderated by other users. That in itself stifles open and honest communication because it is tainted by the "who the friends are" factor and the basic cliquishness that wins out on the internet. That isn't an issue in answers - everyone is subject to the same rules, only the most blatant infractions are moderated, and the rules don't change just because the group owner read something with a tone that was never intended by the person who wrote it. Ultimately that means groups are places for likeminded individuals to agree with each other while actual discussion (as opposed to flame fests and "bitch" groups) is more likely in answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I take a very straight approach. Answers are for answers. Groups are for discussion.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010