LOOKING FOR A DAY CARE FOR MY THREE KIDS...I REALLY DONT WANT THEM TO GO BUT I NEED TO GET A JOB.IM AFRIAD OF LETING THEM GO HOW CAN I DEAL WITH IT..

cookieplus3

Asked by cookieplus3 at 12:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Research! Find a daycare with a good reputation, visit and see what you think, get references and follow up on them, talk to other parents to see where their children go.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• visit for a good long time as an observer if it is allowed.
    Anonymous

• Best day care places are allowing moms to rove in and out anytime, so if they allow this, then check on the site, the locale, close pick up; can you voluteer, and what kind of food, etc. The price is usually income based or free if you qualify for title 20.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ya find a good daycare..do your research and sit in on their classes that they will be in to check it out.. one daycare my kids were in a few years ago all they did was watch tv and play with toys .. i soon later found one that actually taught them stuff .. but now i work from home and they are in pre-k..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't know how old your kids are, but I know when mine were in day care it helped them to adapt socially when it came time for school. They learned how to read quicker because they do activities with them all day. It is sad when you take them at first, but they adapt quickly. They will be fine. Just don't let them use the guilt card........
    Cindarella88

Answer by Cindarella88 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• knowing that they are well taking care of and time!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010