does "he" need the applause sign up when he does something once (and yu have done a thousand times)

my husband cleaned the bathroom once in five years
his relatives coming to stay for weekedn and i told him to pick a child and do the bathroom, i will take other child and do the kitchen

he did do the bathroom, it was done ok, but actaully said
"it is now the cleanest it has ever been"
i laughed inside and asked if he scrubbed the walls, wiped down all the toiletrees and cleaned out the clutter in the cabinets? he gave me a blank look-i think he wanted some applause

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• A woman's work is NEVER done. OMGoodness... ditto, on all the drama here, we don't have maids , we ladies just have this cafe' ..... and a good cup of coffee. . . .
    I celebrate life in the littlest ways.. .. ...

Bubble baths, and long strolls are my ice-breakers. Best of luck, and I hope you are coping , it's a canoe in a tidal wave ....right?
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 12:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Does he need it... Nope.

Do I give it.. Yeah actually I do. I know how much I appreciate, and how good it makes me feel to have my work appreciated by him. So I do the same. Regardless of how often or how many times he's done something compared to me. I don't really keep score any more (gave that up about 15yrs ago).. To me. Who does what how many times doesn't matter. It just getting done is what matters in the long run to me... lol

Even if he doesn't do the job the same way I would, I still appreciate the job being done all the same. Even if wasn't done like I would do it, at least someone else did it for me and I didn't have to do it.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yep, my ex husband and I used to argue about it all of the time. I'd tell him that I'd appreciate a little extra help around the house since I was taking care of a toddler and a baby all day. All I asked was that he clean up after himself. I'd have the house clean when he came home from work and he would walk in, make himself supper(but not offer any to me or the kids) and use a ton of pots and pans, get grease everywhere and leave it. He'd eat in the living room and leave his dishes in there. He'd eat apple at the computer and leave the cores on the desk. He'd leave his clothes all over the floor or his dirty socks bunched up so I'd have to straighten them out before washing them, he'd shave in the bathroom and not wipe up the million little hairs that he'd get all over the counter, in and around the sink, he'd blow snot out of his nose in the shower and not rinse it down ...etc...

Cont'd
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010