I'm afraid my 13 y/o sister is going to be in serious trouble soon...Help!

My little sister just turned 13 yesterday. I have asked several questions about her on here before. I think she is having sex with her BF he is also 13. His mom is recently divorced and since her husband moved out I think she is leaning a little too hard on my sister, acting like they are BFFs or something. She will beg my dad to let her spend another night at their house. Which I totally disagree with her ever spending the night in the same house with her BF at her age. But my dad seems to think it is fine, and the mom says she will watch them but I don't think you can trust someone else to watch your child as you would. I tired to talk her into going to be put on birth control but she insisted she wasn't going to have sex anytime soon, but I feel she was just saying this so I wouldn't get mad etc. Would you put your foot down to your dad? Or just let him let her live as freely as she wants and regret it later?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would put my foot down to either one of my parents anytime. the way i look at it is if they are too blind to see what is right out in the open SOMEONE needs to clue them in and get them out of their denial before it is too late.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You can talk to her and you can express your opinion, but she's not your child and you don't have any control over the situation.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 1:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• dads are not good at imagining their daughter are having ses
    most are very very good at denial in this area
    can you talk to your sister more and more about self respect
    also you may have to pry your dads eyes open with some facts about how early teen girls are active
    expecially when sleeping over at the boys house!!
    parents sleep-teens can stay up for hours into the early am, and teens are sneaky
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• you need to step in. talk to your dad about it and let him know what you really believe is going on. or atleast get her on some birth control.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• 13? I would do something about it.
    monkeedork

Answer by monkeedork at 1:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Oh wow. HOW does she have this much freedom and what is wrong with a parent who thinks a 13 year old should have a boyfriend and think about sleeping with him? That is just nuts. I wish you luck...your little sister needs HELP!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Wow, that's asking for trouble. My dd got pregnant at 13 by just visiting her bf's house!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• put my foot down last year my sister was 11 her bf was 13 and they were having sex she finally admitted it to me and if you dont catch it now it will get worse
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• clues for 200! let's talk about child support, social services getting in your life ~how does a grandbaby being a ward of the court sound to your mom and dad? Look down the road of possible outcomes for these to hormonally charge young kids. Ya they feel like they are just close, in love, sharing feelings of intimacy like they haven't felt since their baby times...ya ya ya

Save it for later. get out and get some skills of your own, educate yourself to be good at something other than kissing. Too late, she knows how fun boys are now...but for the other teens~avoid putting kids in that situation until they have grown their brain. A group of kids river rafting at camp is a lot different than laying in bed with a boy for hours at a time..boys just stunt us~they make us feel so special..you can't get that everywhere as easy than with a boy you a in love with~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Sit down and talk to your parents adult to adult, but remember that you are the SISTER and NOT the parent and if they tell you to butt out.....BUTT OUT and let the chips fall where they may. Your parents and your sister and the ones that will have to deal with the fall out. You have your own family to deal with.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010