Has anyone used Sensa to lose weight?

I am 38 years old and about 30 pounds overweight. I am currently trying Sensa to lose weight. I am wondering if anyone has had success with this product. I am currently not very active. I do your everyday chores, and that is about it. I have not been able to stay active with an exercize routine due to neck problems and a bit of lazieness. I do good if I do the walk/jog videos by Leslie Sansone, but when I try something fun like Zumba, my neck problems take over and I get lazy about doing them. I am planning to join the gym, now that my husband has a better paying job. Can anyone offer insight on the Sensa program.I am in week 3 now, and have a 2 month supply of the stuff, I have noticed a curbing in my appetite while eating.

KKsMommyD

Asked by KKsMommyD at 12:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No.No DIETS, no pills. I eat half portions...half of what people think are portion sizes. AND I walk. You can walk even with neck problems.At least a half hour everyday...at a fast pace. No strolling ...
    Keep track of the total number of calories you eat....even take into consideration "tasting" while you are cooking or finishing you kid's lunch that he won't eat. No snacks unless they are HEALTHY. No cookies,donuts,crap like that.
    Good luck
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am naturally thin. But my sisters are all huge overweight. I eat healthy some organics, whole wheats, take naps during the day, walk, take the stairs.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 1:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• stay away from restaraunt food, I cook everynight.
    jagrus

• Wow.... She didn't ask to be lectured or for weight loss tips. She asked if any one has any EXPERIENCE with a certain product. Obviously you don't . So, why reply.... Cuz you think it's your duty to push whatever works for you onto other people? Everyone is different, so don't just assume what works for you will work for everyone.
    EricsMomma31

Answer by EricsMomma31 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I so agree with Ericsmomma!... This is the 3rd or 4th time I've read a question from someone specifically asking if anyone has any info on Sensa & all they got each time was a lectured on how diets don't work, told to cut down their portions, & other weight loss advice that had absolutely nothing to do with the question! Also, to make it more ridiculous, each time there has been a "bit of weight loss advice" given from someone who admits t being "naturally" thin!!! Why, if you have never had to deal with the issue of losing weight, would you think that you can logically give advice on it?? I myself would love to hear any pros or cons about Sensa, not be lectured on weight loss etc...
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No personal experience, just what I've heard.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• no personal experience but i have been thinking about trying it myself.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 20, 2010

• I have a four month supply of Sensa. The biggest problem I have with it is I forget to use it! I do notice it gives food a more robust "flavor" or smell however because my use is so spotty i cannot say if it works or not. I have also heard if you have a weakened sense of smell it may not work as well. I am going commit to using it more regularly over the holidays and see if I notice a difference!
    As for giving diet advice, I understand that knowledge is not the key when it comes to dropping pounds! I could be a full on weight loss expert! I "know" what is supposed to work however for me, it doesn't. It is frustrating that the one thing I want to be successful at most seems so out of reach. It is not as simple as eat organic, count calories and move. If that were the case I would be at a normal weight! For some our own chemistry is our worst enemy.
    JavaGypsy

Answer by JavaGypsy at 12:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010