Whos fault is this.....

Before you read this know that I am halfway joking....

My dh left a piece of gum in his NICE dress pants....( he has to wear a tie and nice button ups to work)

Usually I shake out the pants and put them in the washer...well this piece didnt shake out.

He says its my fault b/c I should run my hands down each pocket...

I say its his....why cant he just check his pockets when he takes off his pants?

I got two kids and am prego, is that too much to ask...I am washing and hanging them....

Then after he tells me its my fault he says "well was it in the shirt pocket?"

now I have to check shirt pockets too!!! I will be in the laundry room for 30 minutes just checking pockets....lol....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've made it clear to my husband that if HE leaves something in HIS pockets then HE is the one responsible for ruined and damaged clothes if something HE forgot causes problems.
    I've also made it clear to my husband (and later to my children too) that if i find money when doing laundry than it must not have been that important to them and i will find it a good home in my purse. :)

maybe i'm mean. but i think it's their responsibility to check their pockets.
    With that said, i do try to remember to check pockets.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't check his pockets. I wash DH' s clothes separate from ours so i know a crayon or marker isn't something i missed in the kid's pockets. The way i look at it is, he has a Mom.. I am his WIFE.. those are HIS clothes and HE needs to check HIS pockets and empty them out before putting everything in the hamper or it is HIS fault and HE can wash his own clothes if he doesn't like ME washing HIS clothes. lol
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• why cant he just check his pockets when he takes off his pants?

even my kids know=i am not responsible for things in pockets
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Totally his. :-) After losing a pack of cigarettes (his favorite) and his favorite lighter, my husband cleans out his own pockets. My daughter finally started after losing the remaining $3 of her allowance. Now they both know anything I find is mine and what I don't find is ruined along with the pocket it was in.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Obviously over time you have allowed it to become your duty. Not bashing, just saying that once you allow it to happen people expect it of you so although he should have checked his pockets, you sort of made yourself to blame as well so it's equal blame

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• His, abosolutely!

My DH likes to leave stuff from work in his pockets, too, except his stuff can break my machine since they're typically screw tips, screws, nails, drywall knife, etc. I told DH that if he couldn't empty his pockets before he put them in the hamper, then he would either be spending his weekends fixing my washer or buying me a new one every time he broke it. I don't need to check pockets anymore...lol
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• and the laundry fairy does not go looking for dirty laundry, if it is not in laundry room, the good fairy does not wash it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I always check ALL pockets because they are all so absent-minded I can't expect them to do it themselves. Unfortunate,isn't it?I suppose they KNOW I will do it. Spoiled lame-brains.LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not your fault.

You're doing his laundry for him and he can't even empty out his own pockets before putting them in the laundry hamper? That's just plain rude.

When I was still with my ex husband he would leave things in his pockets all of the time. I told him that it wasn't nice of him to do that because he is creating extra work for me. I would keep any money I found in the pockets as a "service fee" for having to go through the pockets to begin with.

He'd also leave his dirty socks all balled up and leave all of his clothes inside out. Again creating more work for me. I asked him multiple times to stop doing it because it wastes my time, but he kept doing it. So I stopped doing his laundry.
    He'd get pretty upset when he'd get out of the shower in the morning to get dressed for work and he'd have no clean underwear...
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• His fault. He should check he pockets before he takes off the clothes. My SO looses money like that all the time :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010