how can i get my 18 month old babygirl to stop crying most of the time???she wants me to carry her she wont play with her toys???

she hits me also...and she is very cranky most of the time...people say its me though....that i need anger management what could it be???

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, if people around you think you need anger management, then I would listen to them. She could be reacting to you. If you are not paying attentino to her and giving her the love she needs she will act out, even at this young age. If she sees you hitting her or other people, she will learn to hit. If she sees you being emotional and blowing up over things, she will do the same. When she gets older it will get worse than just some crying. I would take some parenting classes or anger management. I don't know you, so I don't know, but I would listen to your friends and family on this one.

Answer by sapient at 8:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i'd check to see if she's getting any teeth in that are having troubles... also at her next visit have her ears checked... she sounds ALOT like my nephew and he ended up having some serious ear issues. his attitude problems disappeared almost immediately after fixing the ears.

Answer by Ambreelulu at 8:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Does she have her first molars yet? Her second molars? Those have caused almost this exact behavior in my little girl.

Does she have constipation problems? That will cause things like this too.

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• she may be reacted to you! i would put her in a time out spot when she acts out (and that included rediculous crying)and leave her there for a certain amount of time. do not give in and let her up. walk away and dont react to her. if she gets out, put her back, but thats it.

Answer by hendrickson at 3:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I'm getting the same here. He pinches me and arches his back and screams. I am starting to see his molars budding through.
    It seems as if he has always been "fussy". My mother-in-law says it's me, I give in and pick him up too easily. And that he's just spoiled. But that's not the case. I have 13 year old who is a happy, healthy friendly young man. I just don't know why the 13 month old is so aggressive other than just uncomfortable and teething.

Answer by got2bugs at 6:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• When my littleon one was doing that she was geeting the BIG teeth in or she was just testing me to see if I would give into her fit throwing. Hang in there. For theething, I used the teething tablets and they did wonders. She was more relaxed and not in as much pain. for her fit throwing, I do the counting to 1-2-3 and she knew at 3 something bad would happen if she didn't stop and now she stops her fits at 2. Hang in there~

Answer by 1lilgirl at 7:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008