circumsized?

I am prego with a BOY. =D yay!
but I am contemplating wheather or not I am going to have him circumsized...
The only thing I have a bit of a problem is, the pain he's going to go through. I personally feel like it will benefit him in the long run, but I was wondering how have you other moms with boys deal with circumcision? if you had him go through it, what did you do? how did you take care of it? how long does it take for it to heal? and did they give him any pain meds when they performed the procdure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow...I did not know that so many moms were getting their kids circumsized. I have 2 boys but did not get them circumsized. They do not have any problem with it. I just make sure that it is clean all the time. Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten them circumsized but it seems to me that it would hurt them too much. If when they get older, they want to have it done then ok, they can, but that is a decision that I feel they can make when the time is right. I also, feel that it is genital mutilation, but that is my opinion.
    keeshac85

Answer by keeshac85 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had my son circumcised, they him a local and it took about 10 mins altogther. I didn't have to watch so that helped, it healed really fast and you just have to put vasaline jelly on the tip when you change him.
    musiclovingmomm

Answer by musiclovingmomm at 1:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had my son circumsized. Same answer as the above poster, however, they made me aware that there were no pain meds used on the baby. I worked in a medical office over last winter and had to keep pulling medical records off the main hospital computer, and I was amazed at how many men, were being circumcised at the age of 30+
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had two nephews that were circumsed around 12--it would have been easier at birth!
    Anonymous

• i dont have a son, but if ever do i will definetly get him circumsized..my sister did with her boys, my mom did with my brother, i just think its the right thing to do..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• http://www.nocirc.org/

http://home.comcast.net/~iloveme/WEBPAGES/CAST/ANTICIRC/ANTICIRC.htm

mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I am having a boy n I am getting him circumsized, My doc. was tellin me about how if they are not circumsized they have to be clean at all time (not that babies shouldn't b clean lol) cuz they can get a infection, or other bad things could happen. And I was worried bout the pain he goes through to but no they don't give them any med.'s but they know what they are doing n in the long run it will help out alot. n I was also told that it only takes like a week or two to heal but u gotta be careful cuz ur not to get it wet when they are circumsized til after it heals....Hope i helped :-)
    mommie_to_be08

Answer by mommie_to_be08 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had my son in June and I was unaware of how it would look and was shocked. Be prepared.

They do give a local around the incision, the most unbareable part is the nurses have to hold his arms and legs down, that is when they atart screaming, NOT because they are in pain yet. It will bleed for a few days just keep the ointment or vasilene on it everydiaper change you dont want it to stick to the diaper!
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 2:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My son was circumsized, becasuse his dad is.

It hurts him for a few minutes but he will never remember it anyways!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I have 5 little boys and not one of them is circumcised. There is nothing that needs to be done to it with the exception of cleaning it every so often when the foreskin detaches itself from the head of the penis. This won't happen until the first few years of little boys life. I firmly believe it is unfair to baby to have the procedure done and there is absolutely no medical reasons to have it done. Most people have the illusion, in this country, that it is dirty and "not normal" and go with the mainstream with out any questioning of the reason "why"? Good for you to ask and think for yourself. If you really want to know what I think about this situation have a look on you tube

>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJGKvXU8Aog&feature=related
    kahtya

Answer by kahtya at 2:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008