• In the Spotlight:

Selling books on Amazon.com

My son has college textbooks he's selling. We're not quite sure how it works. The agreement is to mail the item within 2-3 days and states payment will be dispursed to bank account within 14 days. How do we know the buyer paid? Does Amazon take care of the billing/invoice and such with the buyer? It wasn't really clear in the confirmation email from Amazon.

parrishsky

Asked by parrishsky at 1:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in

• you can say paypal only~it that taking 14 days? I have bought a lot, and I use the amazon score to decide. I like the fast send out and score people for doing it. If it comes after a long time I don't.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• do not know details
    but my sister does this and makes a good amount back to go into the next year of school supplies
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I buy alot from there, but ive never sold, i have a ton of books id like to get rid of that the school didnt buy back....i would say try it with one book, or email customer svc at Amazon and ask your questions specifically!!! GOOD LUCK!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My son asked Amazon customer servive, but they are taking forever to respond. I guess we have to be patient.
    parrishsky

Comment by parrishsky (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I've done this. They do take care of the money. The buyer gives them the money, and they give it to you. I had chosen Amazon credit because I wanted to just buy more books. You have to be sure to mail it on time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010