have you had your gallbladder removed?

I just had mine removed and I'm having a hard recovery. If you've had yours out please share your experience with me. I'm anxious to get back to exercising, when were you fully recovered?

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Health

• I had mine out after my Son was born. They did it the same way 3 small incisions laporascopicly. I stayed over night since it was late when I had the surgery. I didn't have that much pain & I just took some Advil as needed. My Son was 10 months old so I really didn't have time to think about it when I got home. I didn't have any digestive issues after either. I started walking around the night of the surgery & I was fine. I cannot take anything with codeine in it because it makes me sick so I refused any prescription pain killers. If you don't feel better within a few days, tell your Dr. You are not going to feel 100% for about a week or two because you did have surgery.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had mine out... not sure why you are having a hard recovery.Maybe you had yours out the old fashioned way?? I had mine out by laser... a few tiny cuts ..you can barely see them now.The worst problem I had was with my digestion for awhile they had to give me some medication to straighten it out...but physically it was quick for me. I was sitting up right after the operation and went home the same day.I think you need to talk to your Dr. if its that hard on you.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i don't know why you are either...the first 2 or 3 days it hurt, walking around the house was limited. but exactly a week later, i was horseback riding with my sister. along with the pp, my digestive system had to get used to it, since your gall bladder is what breaks up fat, your intestines have to get used to it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I did, but don't have time to answer right now. I am posting so I can come back and answer later. But I agree with Conchise, if it is that hard, you should call your doc. Mine was easy, except the digestion part.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• girlfriend had out after pregnant-
    i had issues with mine after pregnant, but it recovered
    pretty common after pregnant
    try to listen to doc, if you are suppose to take it easy
    sorry no answer, but well wishes for speedy recovery
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm currently still in the hospital. I'm staying until Monday. I live in Germany though, hospital stays here are usually longer because they are very cautious with their patients. I can sit up on my own, but it does hurt. It's not excruciating, but painful. They made 4 small incisions, one being in my belly button. When I tell my doctor I'm in pain standing up and walking, he says I just had abdominal surgery and pain is to be expected.
    pixiestix21

Comment by pixiestix21 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had mine done in US, but had bleeding complications and spent a week and a half in the hospital. I had to wear a drain tube the whole time I was in the hospital, Mine was from stones and had caused my gallbladder to be bigger than they expected and caused lots of tearing on the way out. Anyway my recovery time was hard, I was fully healed after about 2 1/2 months. After that I had a hard time eating, everything came straight through, if ya know what I mean. It has been over 2 years and I still have that problem, also I get sick when I eat greasy foods, red meat or cabbage.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2010