How do you know that the bible is written by God's direction?

How do you really know? How do you know that some men didn't just decide to write the stories in the bible to document history and or tell stories of how people should live their lives? Maybe it exaggrated truths?? People bash the book of Morman but how is that different from the bible? Written by men who say that God told them to write this stuff. I'd love to hear a good argument against it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Religious Debate

• http://j-walkblog.com/images2/circularlogic.jpg

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You don't! this is where faith kicks in!

Answer by older at 1:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Cause it says so right on the inside cover! lol!

No, really, I don't believe it was... It's history and myth like every other ancient cultures religious stories.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Good question...... I have no answer, when I asked a Pastor the same question I was kicked out of the church....
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 1:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I know....I do think the Bible, the Book of Mormon, all were written by men.
    FAith sounds nice but....I prefer REALITY. I'm not going to be arrogant enough to insist people believe in something written by men/historians a few hundred years AFTER the death of Jesus. OR by men way before ...thousands of years ago who knew nothing about science and reproduction and thought ADam and Eve were real people. Haha. No way.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I used to believe the Bible was written by holy men of God under His direction, and after 40 years of praying and trusting that God will supply all my needs and getting nothing in return but loss after loss after loss till I have become one of the needy I stopped believing and having faith in anything or anyone but me. I prefer to solve my own problems. You'd think by now with so many Bible believing Christians on the face of the earth life would be getting better for us instead of worse. The Bible is just a history book written by men and rewritten by men to perpetuate a 3000 year hoax created by the elite ruling class to control the masses.
    ajeffery1032

Answer by ajeffery1032 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It's a Faith based option.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Faith!!!
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 1:52 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• They bible was written by man, it is based off of God's word
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Right! God has asked us for our time! That means, He wants a relationship with us. When you confess His son is Lord, and you ask Him to reveal Himself to you, He will! I dare you to try it!

I have been through to many things in life for someone to tell me His word wasn't written by Him through many men...

Try reading

1 John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 2: 18-26

18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 19 These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us.
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010