After a c-section, how soon is too soon to have sex? adult content

After a c-section, how soon is too soon to have sex? I will be 3 weeks pp on Monday and I really want to have sex with my SO again. How soon is too soon? I haven't been bleeding in about a week and my incision on the outside is healed and feels great. Is it ok to have sex or should I wait????

pcricket1008

Asked by pcricket1008 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would think it would be all right if you're feeling up to it. Try it out and if you're not feeling any pain, enjoy. :) You could always ask your doctor, but my husband and I did it after only 3 weeks and I had a vaginal birth and it was just fine. I would say go for it.
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• If you are up to it you should be fine. SO and I only waited 12 days after I had my son vaginally.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• See I am just nervous because I am not sure if the incisions on the inside are healed enough, I feel fine, no pain or anything, so that is why I wasn't sure.
    pcricket1008

Comment by pcricket1008 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I had a c-section in 2007....had sex 4 weeks pp....be careful bc I got preggo!!! My sons are 10 mo. apart :-) As long as theres no pain...go for it!!!
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 2:08 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't have to worry about getting pregnant because I had a tubal done. I just am really wanting some loving! :o)
    pcricket1008

Comment by pcricket1008 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We tried at 6 weeks and wow it was way to painful. Tried again at 8weeks but by 11 weeks it was ok.. Three months later we were fully back in the groove. GL.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Look, there are reasons we tell you to wait six weeks, and those reasons are infection and hemmorage. So you go right on ahead if you have to, but allow me to advise to to keep track of your temperature for three or so days after you have sex, and if it goes over 100.4, get yourself to the ER stat. Also, you'll need to watch out for bleeding and not just vaginal bleeding, you'll need to be sure you aren't bleeding into your abdomen, so any kind of abdominal pain is going to warrant investigation. Bsically, you have the choice to wait three more weeks or go ahead and do it and spend a week taking your temperature, checking your incision, and figuring out if your abdominal pain is because a) you had a kid come through there three weeks ago or b) you just ruptured your uterus doing the nasty.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 5:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• OK you don't need to be rude about it, I was just asking. Thanks for the rude answer though!!!!
    pcricket1008

Comment by pcricket1008 (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i had sex at about 4 weeks pp from an old school csection (the up and down kind, which takes longer to heal). i was actually suprised to find that my vagina hurt, not my belly. i say if you feel up to it, then try it...just go very slowly and dont feel bad about calling it off if you find that you really arent ready yet. at 4 weeks it wasnt particularly enjoyable to me, but it was ok. i was really horny by then and my SO did a wonderful job of "warming me up" so i wanted him to get what he needed too...lol.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010