My daughter has unusual habits

My twelve year old daughter has some unusual habits. When she eats a cupcake she eats the wraping, when she eats an apple she eats the whole core, she laughs at things that aren't supposed to be funny,and she likes school which isn't really an unusual habit because some kids do like school.

forevermomof2

Asked by forevermomof2 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• What is your question?
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ummm if you are letting her eat paper (cupcake wrapper), i'd say thats a bit of bad parenting
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 2:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• sorry but I agree with Mommy2JoshNJake
    those are all things that as a parent you should be teaching her not to do.
    my 3 year old knows not to eat paper
    the core of the apple is no big deal
    the laughing, just like eating paper is something a parent has to teach - what is appropriate and what is not and when
    and good for her for liking school!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Some people do have strange cravings for non-food items. Have you talked to her doctor about this. As for her liking school, be glad that probably wont last long.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Take the paper off the cupcake first, cut up apples & remove the core. Think about what she would do in advance & remove the action. Is she bored? Maybe she needs a hobby? She just seems like she marches to the beat of her own drum and there is nothing wrong with that. Being a leader is better than being a follower, especially at that age. She may just grow up to be someone Really Great (profession wise).
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• she knows she is not supposed to eat the wrapper right? I would just make her stop. I've seen people eat apple cores, at least that part IS edible, just does not feel so great in your mouth. But, the cup cake wrapper is a lot more strange. You need to rip it out of her hand & tell her that she can't do that & you won't allow it. My DD has been dared to eat strange things & has done it before, like once she was dared to eat an acorn...& she just does it. Well, that led her to want to try some other strange things....like bugs (thanks to all the bug eaters on TV) I told her that i won't allow it & that when is is an adult & wants to to eat a bug, then she can. But, not in my house. You need to lay down the rules. You're the mom, you're suposed to teach her what is OK & whats not OK to do. Put your foot down.

Is your DD an aquarius? I read that they are more likely to eat strange things than other signs. My DD is an aquarius
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The apple core isn't so bad but the cupcake wrapper is a problem
    mommyofamanda8

Answer by mommyofamanda8 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Don't you love how the people with the questions that seem so RIDICULOUS are the one's who have miraculously joined cafemom TODAY?
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 2:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Then why do you as the parent not stop her? It is our duty to teach our children the correct behaviors and allowing this is making for irresponsible parenting.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010