I'm only 7 weeks along...first pregnancy, help!

I just found out I am about 7 weeks along, however my first real doctor's visit won't be until Oct. 21st. I am nervous because I will be 10 weeks by then. What should I do in the meantime? This is my first pregnancy and I am so confused! Also, I have felt sort of crampy and bloated; is this normal?

OhioGirl224

Asked by OhioGirl224 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• bloated and crampy is common . You should start taking prenatal vitamins and eat healthy . congrats
    angeleyesm

Answer by angeleyesm at 1:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Breath momma, it will be fine every womans body reacts differently to pregnancy. Your body is new to this so it takes time for it to adjust. The bloating could just be morning sickness, or you retaining water. Don't stress about it, it won't help. Cramps don't usually mean anything unless they are severe. Just focus on the excitment of being a soon to be momma, it goes by so fast.
    musiclovingmomm

Answer by musiclovingmomm at 1:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Thanks so much!

See, I thought the bloating MIGHT be from morning sickness- but I havent experienced any sickness yet! Just an upset stomach!
    OhioGirl224

Answer by OhioGirl224 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I was seven weeks when I found out I was pregnant, and I was 10 weeks at my first doctor's appointment.
    I was TERRIFIED that I had waited too long.
    But I promise, you'll be fine. The weeks will go by soooo slow in the beginning, then in the middle they'll speed up a bit more, then as your due date starts to approach, everything will grind to a halt and every week will take at least a year to go by. I'm only 28 weeks and I feel like the big 4-0 is never going to get here >.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my sister didnt go until she was like 7 months. its not big deal, just take care of yourself take vitamins eat good get exercise ...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Treat yourself right. Eat well, drink a lot, take your prenatal vitamins. Get lots of rest, if you feel like it. I had my first Doc appt at 10 weeks too. Its okay.

I didn't have morning sickness. The only sign that I was preggers was that my boobs hurt. I didn't think anything of a late period because I was training for a huge 100 mile hike. I thought I was just too active. LOL! How wrong was I!

Good luck and best wishes. Take care of yourself!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 6:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2008