Do you sometimes feel?

SAHM, Do you sometimes feel that like you need to get out of the house more on your own? do something for yourself?

mommy_sam

Asked by mommy_sam at 2:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Heck yes, and I do it. Denying yourself of those small pleasures every once in a while eventually leads to resentment, anger and frustration for everyone involved, and the kids pick up on it very quickly. You have just as much if not more of a responsibilty for your own happiness as you do being a good mother. Everyone knows when mom is miserable the whole family is miserable. Whether you're a SAHM or not you'll see in time that it takes a community to raise a child, but only you can make yourself happy.
    ajeffery1032

Answer by ajeffery1032 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• oooooh yes!!!!
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 2:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• ya. i wish it were possible.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Of course, there's nothing wrong with feeling that way, or getting to do that when you have the opportunity.

I have a few SAHM neighbors, that our kids are great friends and love to play. So we'd give them play dates from time to time to give each other a break. It's nice being able to help each other out like that.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes being with the kids 24/7 is hard on me. There are days that I just wish that I could get away from the house and the kids for a few hours and just be me, not needing to care about anything in the world.
    mommyangel0102

Answer by mommyangel0102 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes. It was sad when grocery shopping in the late evening after my husband came home to watch the children was a tremendous relief.

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We all need to have me time, everyday.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:36 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Pretty much every day. I am at the point where I do my grocery shopping late at night when everyone is asleep and run all the errands when my husband gets home.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I've been home since May, and my alone time is grocery shopping. I've really come to enjoy it, he he.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010