How often do you clean your carpets?

We put new carpet in April 2009. There are a few minor spots that could be spot cleaned but was wondering if I should just get the whole room done. I have heard its not good to have them cleaned too much but I want to keep it clean since carpet holds so much dirt. My DH had to have carpet instead of hardwood. Ugh!

yldflwr

Asked by yldflwr at 2:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Once a year, but I would like to get it done every six months. I don't think the bedrooms need it very often, but the livingroom, hallway do need it twice a year. I just had mine done, livingroom/hallway for $58 by Stanley Steamer. It only took them 15 minutes and they look GREAT!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Once a year, and spot clean other wise.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We usually clean ours 2-3 times a year.
    heidi37217

Answer by heidi37217 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Never. We don't have any. :p
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• After 16 years, I am getting new carpet next week. Our berber has been great. I cleaned it twice a year. I have a steam cleaner and one of those small "Little Green Clean Machines". They are the best things I have ever bought for saving my carpets.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• You're supposed to clean them!??

Haha, just kidding :) We have wood floors.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I was just wondering this myself.When I was vacuuming earlier I was thinking about tomorrow I will pull out my carpet cleaner. I usually do it with my carpet cleaner about once a month, mostly because I have a a huge area rug in my living room that has white and tan colors in it, that show stains horribly and my toddler is very good for spilling right on the white parts. As for having the pros do it, we do it about once a year or year and a half.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Once a year for the area rug ... other than that, I don't have any carpets.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• We spot clean when needed and try to clean them every six months or more if possible.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i have a carpet deep cleaner, and I do it once a week! I am a bit of a neat freak, and I cannot stand spots! I have to have them clean :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010