How many items have you lost and fear have now become inhabitants of a garbage dump?

I have been looking for my pic to comb my hair with for days now. I have looked in drawers, under beds, everywhere! I am beginning to fear it is gone forever. Along with the other odds and ends of belongings that just vanish. At least I have never lost any big items, like a remote or the camera, that happened to friends of ours.

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 2:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My first wedding and engagement ring. I took them off one day to take a shower and when I came out they were gone. I thought that MAYBE we would find them when we moved, but they never turned up. Luckily, we had insurance on them and they were replaced, but still.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• just one that comes to mind...i bought a nice stereo/cd player thing a couple years ago..and i have nooooooooooo idea where the remote is!! :( pisses me off! ive searched high and low for that thing..but, ive come to term that its gone forever!! :(
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I am almost positive my satelite remote went to the dump. I have a toddler who likes to throw good things away...lol. I ordered a new one, but still...lol. Also I know several toys have had to have went along with it because they've never been found and I am always cleaning under and behind things so there is no where for them to hide.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Countless things have disappeared over the years with no trace.

My 11 month old has just started putting random things in the garbage so now I know to check regularly. However I have no idea what happened to stuff before I had kids. LOL
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I don't leave them within reach anymore either. Lesson learned. This was in 2006. I'm still hoping they turn up in some off the wall place.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My nephew took my wedding bands, not sure why he took just those and not the flashy engagement ring. But it was a wild goose chase of what he did with them. Days later my lazy brohter or SIL finally looked in his pants pockets in the laundry and they were there. We too had them insured, but needless to say, I never leave jewelry anywhere within little fingers reach.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010