dont know what i should do. adult content

This is so odd and it worries me. the past few night my vagina lips has swelled up and they itch and burn very bad its very painful. and like the night before it was tho right side and last night it was the right. i know this is tmi but please dont bash. im 27 weeks prego and i dont want any thing to harm the baby and i dont know if i should call the dr. please help. I have no std are anything the check for all that when i first got prego,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same thing happen when I was pregnant with my second child. It turned out to be a yeast infection but just on the outside of the vagina. The Doctor put me on some antibiotics and gave me some cream to put on there that had steroids and anti itch medicine in it and it cleared up in a couple of days. Nothing will happen to the baby you can contact your doctor now or get some monistat cream and apply it until your next doctors appt.
    welderfamily

Answer by welderfamily at 2:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Call the doctor. It's always better to be cautious when you're pregnant. I can't tell you how many times I called the doctor because "the baby felt like it was falling out" and she just kept telling me it was fine and not to worry. OB/GYNs are used to crazy pregnant ladies calling them for all kinds of reasons. Play it safe.
    Mommy22boys

Answer by Mommy22boys at 2:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• you probably have a yeast infection. Go see your doc
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:56 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• call an on call nurse at your drs office

could this be from all the hot weather, like hot sticky, sweatie, no AC
    ?
    hope it is nothing and you are feeling better real soon
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:57 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Call your ob ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Definitely call your Dr. and go in to see him/her early next week. Better safe than sorry. Have you changed your laundry detergent, bath soap, shampoo? You should also only wear cotton underpants, not polyester especially if it is hot by you. Don't use scented panty liners either. I would actually eliminate panty liners all together. They all give me a rash too. Hope you feel better!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• definately see a doctor it might be a yeast infection
    monicamonica

Answer by monicamonica at 3:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I was having something similar a few weeks ago, only it didn't burn...it just itched and got swollen. The dr said it was a yeast infection and gave me a rx for some cream(which my insurance didnt cover so I never got it...you can get it w/o a rx tho...it's pretty much vagisil) and told me to apply it only on the outside where I was itching. I also suggest getting some Summer's Eve feminine wash(for sensitive skin works the best-the green cap) it really helps a lot.
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• sounds like a yeast infection to me too!! i had the same thing recently. Dont stress yourself, call the doc and ask if they would like to see you first or if you can try something over the counter.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:00 PM on Jul. 17, 2010