How can I control this hunger?!?!

So I'm just over 20 weeks pregnant with my first and granted that I haven't gained or lost ANY weight this entire time, I just can't stop eating. Take last night for example...for dinner, I had a hefty piece of steak and a huge baked potato and was still hungry, so I cut up 3 apples and ate them with peanut butter. And I swear not even 20 mins later I felt like I hadn't eaten all day. The baby is growing fine, and she's nice and chubby and active and boy has my belly gotten HUGE, and my dr says that my lack of weight gain/loss is fine(for now), but I just want to control this hunger before it goes too far...ya know? Any suggestions?

jazi1105

Asked by jazi1105 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• peanut butter helps make you feel full
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I just went with it and ate lol. Drink lots of water too, that seems to help sometimes if you just ate and start getting hungry again. But I was working in a bakery and was eating a whole cake a day while prego with 2 of mine lol
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• small meals throughout the day. healthy snacks, lots of protein will help you feel fuller.
    welderfamily

Answer by welderfamily at 3:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I ate A LOT of peanut butter with the 3 apples and it didn't make me feel full at all...idk I guess I'm weird lol
    jazi1105

Comment by jazi1105 (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Drink water. It's a natural hunger suppressant.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 3:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Try looking into the Brewer Pregnancy Diet. It left me feeling full, and I felt great and very healthy the whole way through. :) Also, if you are craving sugar, eat fruit. If you are craving salt, don't deprive yourself. The amniotic fluid is a salt water.

squish

Answer by squish at 3:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about the eating - as long as you are eating healthy foods and not gaining a ton of weight, it's okay.

Answer by missanc at 3:40 PM on Jul. 17, 2010