what birth control r u on and how do u like it

my daughter is a month and a half and i have a drs appointment coming up to get on birth control. i have no clue which one to pick! help

Mommy2be6810

Asked by Mommy2be6810 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have the paraguard 10 year copper IUD. I've had it almost a year and a half now. I love it. I have had no problems at all with it. It was inserted in about 5 minutes, and no healing time or anything. I like how you don't have to remember to take it or go to the doctor every 3 months etc. I forget all about it being there most of the time. I am so glad I got it. Also if you do decide to have more kids later on it can be removed just as easily as it was inserted and you right back to normal fertility.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Condoms. I'm only comfortable taking daily pills, but I'm breastfeeding, so it would have to be the mini-pill, which would do me no good because of the strict routine you have to have with that (taking it at the same time every day without fail). So we just stick to condoms. I like it fine (they're a lot less messy, lol).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I was never good at taking pills and i didnt want to get pregnant again, so i am on the MIRENA. It was a little painful cramping for like 3 1/2 months on and off but i dont get them often now, and i am still baby free after 1 year and a half so yayy!
    babySTAR09

Answer by babySTAR09 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have the Mirena and so far I have no complaints.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• The vasectomy. It rocks.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i am on -tricyclen and i love it.i know the pill can be kind of a pain,but i like it because it just helps keep me organized.plus it keeps your skin clear,and i like getting my period monthly.i dunno,i just feel like its easier to keep track of.
    mommysgirl25923

Answer by mommysgirl25923 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i got the shot which went against all recomendations from friends and family..and honestly im super happy. Nothing to remember daily! nothing to insert, dont run a risk of becoming sterile (iud possibility)...........the downside it makes me hungry so i have to be careful. I dont think that it makes you gain weight automatically, it gives you the munchies lol...i catch myself trying to snack alot. And i havent had a period. However my mom bled for 3 whole months off and on!!! The shot has been a wonderful option for me!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I take Yaz and I love it! It doesnt make me gain weight, and helps with period acne and mood swings.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i was thinking the same thing recently what bc to use im going with a iud havent decided which one yet
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 8:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i had not taken pills since i was younger...i now use loestrin 24 and absolutely love it! plus a good benefit for me it preserves your fertility and does not make it hard for you to try and get preggo again..this is the reason i tried this one bc it took me 5yrs to concieve my first...good luck and its cheap!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2010