Does anybody know how to get rid of swarms of flys?

We trimmed bushes in front of our house and know have swarms of flys that will not die! We tried BugBGone on a tiny section of the bush and it killed it. We dusted the bushes with sefron powder last night and this morning the top of the bush is dead but the flys are still there. I mean if you stand next to the tree not only do you see hundreds of them but you hear the bush buzzing - very creepy! Now the flys are in the backyard too - when we are swimming they wont leave us alone - you have to go under water and then as soon as you come up they are back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It is beginning to freak me out!

moose1969

Asked by moose1969 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I really don't know what to tell you to help, just wanted you to know you are not alone, we have ants and they are horrible, you can't go on the back patio without getting attacked and I have even been seeing them in my kitchen now. I have lot of ant bait traps and have been spraying all the doors and windows down with ant raid and nothing helps. Good Luck w/ it.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Is there a breeding spot nearby............like a puddle, flower pot filled with water, etc. Or a dead animal/animal droppings in your shrubery? Maybe you need to call an exterminaotr for help. Google it for ideas too. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:13 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Well I do have lots of hanging plants on the porch but no standing water and I don't think there is anything dead in the bush - we have looked and we don't smell anything...I think I will call the exterminator Monday - I mean I know when you live near farms and livestock you should expect some fly's but this is ridiculous - and the first year we have had this issue...thanks for the advise I will let you know what happens!
    moose1969

Comment by moose1969 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2010