Have you ever had a 1st love or boyfriend that you wish you would have met and dated later on in life

for example wish you would have met when you got your life on track or wasnt as wild or whatever and wished you all would have met now .give your ages when 1st hook up/ met and why you would have choosen to be with them at another time in life and what went wrong back then

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 3:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I met him when I was 17.... we were dating for 2 years.... However the timing was wrong.... we get along so great and some how we always end up "finding" eachother.... If we would have been older it def would have worked, we were just both young and didn't want to settle down .... maybe someday lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Yes, I sit and think about that, but who knows if it would have actually worked out it in the end. We may not be compatible at a different age and stage in our life. But the thought is still there........the unknown
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No..the guys I dated before my current I would have never dated later on in life...or never would have dated anyone similar either.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I met my first love in kindergarten. We were "in love" all through school til age 14 and then I moved away for a while. Met up again at 16 and we both still felt the same way so started dating. Then he did something unforgiveable while out on a date...purposely ran over a cat. That was it for me. Never spoke to him again. I have often wondered what would have happened if he hadn't run over that cat...and I've wondered throughout the years where he is, how his life is and if he ever thinks of me. I don't know how a person can't not think about their first love.
    lizard111

Answer by lizard111 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Not really. My 1st love is currently a truck driving drug addict who lives at home with his mom...lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• heyy bump this if you think their is others that feel this way but keep it to themselves because of how others may take it because you're with someone else
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• No.. Can't say that I have ever felt that way about a first or past love. Especially first love. My first love was at 16, I'm now 46, who the hell knows who or what that 16 year old boy grew up and turned out to be. If I had met him later in life, I may have thought he was a total scumbag, who knows. lol..

Any other relationship between then and now.. Ended when it needed to end. Ended for reasons that it should have ended. And I personally am a firm believer in "the past is the past".. I do not 'what if" or wonder "what could be". Those are pointless exercises to me personally.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• what im sayin is if you thought the maybe how it was ok back then and maybe now that you're older it might would have worked better
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I totally understand what you are saying, just doesn't apply to me. But my uncle and his first love just got married about 2 months ago. They are 56 and 57 now and originally dated when they were 16 and 17 and just fell apart and got married to other people and both had children with other people, and later found each other on facebook and started talking and fell in love all over again :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• first off i dont think anytime in your ten yrs or consider first lloves for some yeah and i know the past is the past and if you do not what if or wonder please dont stop by to try and answer if its not for you move on dont even stop by its my question and since you dont know what happens later in life dont try to figure out what he might have been dont answer pointless things ....get the point
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2010