Bump if you love roses - and what is your favorite?

I like the floribunda hot cocoa ...

tasches

Asked by tasches at 3:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Growing up, my grandpa would give my grandmother yellow roses every year for her birthday. They were her favorite. She passed away a few years ago and we had a beautiful arrangement of them on her casket. "When Irish Eyes Were Smiling" was the song they danced to at their wedding and it played beautifully in the background on the bagpipes.

A few years later, the man I love would always surprise me on random days by giving me a single, long-stemmed yellow rose...once on Mothers Day when he knew how hard it was for me after I'd been diagnosed with endometriosis (making it difficult if not impossible for me to ever have kids).

Two years ago, I had a yellow rose tattooed on the small of my back, just below my birthmark. It has double meaning for my grandmother and the man I'll never forget.

So I guess that's a long-winded explanation to simply say, yellow roses are my favorite.
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 2:39 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• I like red English tea roses. I'm boring, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:20 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• China Rose
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:21 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I like roses and all...But my favorite flowers are Oriental lilies.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I LOVE roses! My fav is a blue girl rose.

Blue girl rose
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i like yellow roses.(means friendship,i think)theyre so pretty.reminds me of spring
    mommysgirl25923

Answer by mommysgirl25923 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I love big deep pink roses..doesn't matter what hybrid.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 4:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I like roses as much as the next gal but i really love Carnations
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:34 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• All out of bumps :-( I like roses that are purple. Not sure what kind it was, but it was purple with black on the tips. Someone gave it to me at my wedding and I loved it. They were our wedding colors!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 18, 2010

• Gigantic South American Roses..My home was filled with a lot of those long ago when I was still single. Now, I only get roses (tiny ones at that!) during mother's day. But come to think of it the joy that I feel is incomparable because my kids would also give me paper flowers that they made and lots of cards and artworks on that special day.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:38 AM on Jul. 18, 2010