Okay, so, we had 38$ in our (normal use) bank account yesterday and he got his bonus and..

bought a four wheeler with it.

He said he was going to fix his truck. That is his daily driver and it needs body work or the truck bed is going to fall off. I was okay with that. Once he got his paycheck we'd have been fine again if he paid for fixing the truck with his bonus..

But now what do I say?? How will we afford to have the body work done that it NEEDS done plus normal expenses? Body work is really expensive.

We were low on normal funds because our hot water heater took a poop. Normally we'd have a little extra, but I don't know what we're going to do. I mean. If he did not care about his truck falling apart I could've used that money for other stuff we NEED.. Btw, I normally agree to a LOT of fun spending since he works so hard. Some things are falling apart around here tho!!

Help me say the right thing. He can take the four wheeler back, can't he???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I would just remind him of all that stuff you just wrote. If he got a new quad, you probably could have bought a used vehicle with that money. Men who don't do the finances, don't have a freaken clue! Hopefully, he can take it back. I would just say something like, "I know you work REALLY hard and you deserve to get something fun for yourself, but a quad right now is not in the budget with all the other things that need fixing. You can't ride the quad to work and the truck i in dire need of fixing. Is it possible to take the quad back so we can put the $ towards some needs and we can put a little each week for some wants?" My DH probably would have done something similar if I didn't obsess about $$ so much.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I think it depends on where he bought the 4-wheeler, but I'd definitely throw a fit. Just explain to him that it's not an issue of whether he "deserves" the 4-wheeler, it's an issue of responsibility. Right now there are other priorities that need to be taken care of before things excessive things like a 4-wheeler can be bought and he didn't take care of those first.

How much did it cost? Is it not an issue for him to spend that much money on something without at least consulting you at first?
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 3:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It depends what the sales contract says. You might have three business days to get out of the contract. Will he agree to that? I'm sorry this is happening to you. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:54 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• he bought a four wheeler? wow. I would send him out to take it back.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I would be LIVID. It would be returned or up on craigslist in a matter of hours if that happened over here. Even if I had to do it myself.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• i would smack him lol
    MommyPeake

Answer by MommyPeake at 10:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2010