Are we there yet?

Saul Alinsky's book *RULES FOR RADICALS*
A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploition of the proletariat by the capitalists, from there logically proceed to the revolution to end capitalism, and then into the third stage of reorganzation into a new social order of the proletariat, and finally the last stage---the politcal paradise of communism. Saul Alinsky
Obama as a young man, became a master practitiener of Alinsky's metheds.
Hillary Clinton has maintained her allegiance to Alinsky.
Chris Matthews has called Alinsky his hero, and a hero to the left.

Natesmom507

Asked by Natesmom507 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I get sick of the whole "liberals are communists" argument, with no distinction between a TRUE left winger (Communist) and the average Dem voter.

Progressives are communists. Liberals are not but they are not able to see the progressive movement inside the democrat party. I wish they would wake up and take their party back. Bill Clinton was a liberal. I would take him back any day over what we have in the White House and many in congress now. Nancy Pelosi, Obama, Howard Dean, Harry Reid, Dennis Kucinich, and many others.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6497

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Congressional_Progressive_Caucus

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Who may I ask has taken over the republican party?

The moderate democrats of days gone by.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I didn't mean to imply Howard Dean was a member of congress. I meant to imply that he identifies with the progressive movement.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Hillary called herself an early 1900 progressive. How much proof of taking over of the democratic party do we need? A Congressional representative sat in a hearing and slipped saying this nation would be socialist. PBO has surrounded himself with registered democrats who profess to be progressive. They came "out of the closet" with PBO's win. These people aren't ashamed of being progressive and don't care what you think. We are trying so hard to get back to some fundamentals and less fed. intrusion.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• When I wake up and this country has turned into some Communist waste land.

You feel free to say "I told you so"..

But I don't see it happening in my lifetime.. A

***
    So you're not concerned for your children's or grandchildren's futures?! Nice.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have to say, I, as a life-long liberal and very politically aware, have NEVER heard of Alinsky until the right wingers started talking about him all the time.

I am not a Marxist or a radical. I am a moderate Dem, and share the beliefs of the majority of the people in my party. I get sick of the whole "liberals are communists" argument, with no distinction between a TRUE left winger (Communist) and the average Dem voter.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I'm probably much older than you think. :-)

I personally do not believe progressives have taken over the Democratic party. I do believe there are people who have used some base form of the progressive ideology to get votes and sway influence. But that has been that, they've used it to get votes and support. But once in office, those ideas have gotten dropped by the wayside.. Just like some members of the republican party have done with certain demographics.

But as far as our governmental systems.. No I do not believe it has become very progressive at all much less progressive enough to lead to fundemental change in the nations govnernment/core ideology towards some form of socialist system of government.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• "Your Party" ?

I haven't seen anyone who's replied to this thread specifically say that they are a "democrat".

You make such generalizations, and assumptions.

As far as what Some politicians are calling themselves. Like I stated before.Very little of that has to do with personal ideology or even what policies they will or will not support once they get voted into office. They use a specific moniker if they feel it will make them more electable. That's it."Liberal" became a dirty word for some reason in the past decade.. So politicians, have chosen to shy away from that moniker in hopes of getting more votes. They have picked up the "Progressive " moniker in order to try and secure votes and to expand into a different voting base.

That's it.

Just like some in the Republican party identifiy themselves with certain beliefs and causes to get votes. But never back up them up once elected.

It's just poli
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:10 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have one child... No grandchildren, yet... Who knows if I will ever have any.

My feelings about not believing that this country is taking the turn that some fear it is, has nothing to do with my feelings/hopes/dreams for my child's future. Or his children's future if he chooses to have any.. It's purely and simply the fact that I personally do not have those fears. It's not something I'm worried about, It's not something I personally see happening, now or in the future.

I've noticed that some on this site like to try and read more into something than has been actually written. Than is actually
    there............ Especially when it's something written in good humor. I'm not one to argue these things. I don't have so little faith in my own views that I feel I need to. I state how I feel and that's about it. If someone directly says something to me or in referance to me, I will respond. But that's about it. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:31 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Are we "where" yet?

A socialist nation?
    A communist nation?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:24 PM on Jul. 17, 2010