We've rented our house for about 12 yrs. We are hoping to move soon...

How much do you think is to much to fix the place up before we move? We're putting in new screens\windows,fixing any holes in the walls,painting and I will be cleaning the place thoroughly when we get everything out.No chance of a deposit back though. We are on a VERY limmited income.Now my s\o is talking about retiling the kitchen floor!Too much?

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If you have live there for twelve years, fixing the screens/windows, holes in the wall and painting should be enough. You should not have to worry about more than that because most leases have a normal "wear and tear" clause.
    MizzT

Answer by MizzT at 9:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I would def look up your states "landlord tenant law"!! Cleaning the place thorougly, painting, and fixing any holes should be more then plenty. The windows, and screens may just be overkill. But do look up the city/state laws, if I remember correctly hey are supposed to replace carpet, paint, etc every so many years. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i would say that it too much. i rent and if they stay 12 years then i would have paid 12 years toward my mortage and be glad to "update" my house before renting it ou again. I would fix the holes and any other major damage you have created but not futher than that
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 3:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2008