What kind of bathing suit does your daughter have?

I just found another one from a yardsale today for our 17 month old...and I just have to tell everybody becaus it is the most adorable thing I've seen,lol. I will have to take pics of her in it and post them.
I found a BRAND NEW Hoola Bikin for her! IT IS SOOOO SUPER CUTE!!!
It has the little matching hoola skirt to it. hehe. I love dressing her up,lol.
She has a few others ... an American Flag bikini and two one pieces from the Gymbori that are just adorable.
Her daddy is NOT too fond of the "kini" ,lol..but he'll get over it, I did! :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 4:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 5 year will only wear bikinis. When she was around 18 months I put a one piece on her and she screamed.........she did wear it until she grew out of it but she cried every time. Now she picks out her own and they're all bikini's. Her daddy isn't too happy about it either :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My baby girls will not be allowed to were a bikini until they are 14. Two pieces can be worn at age 10, but actual bikini's will wait until they are older.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I agree with you outstandinglove....NO TWO piece bikinis....my dd will wear a one piece till she is in her teens...screaming or not. I dont give in to that screaming stuff....they can sit on the side and miss the fun and scream....they will get over it.

Little girls need to learn at least a tiny bit of modesty. They dont get much in this society but at least I can instill a knowledge that they dont have to show everything to be cute.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• My daughter has several very cute one piece suits that I got her at Old Navy. No 2 pieces here either.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• LOL..I'm the opposite outstanding love...mine won't be allowed to wear a bikini AFTER she turns 14!!! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Well, in teenage years, girls are going to have sex if that's what they want. bikini or no bikini. and i believe in giving children more freedom and responsibility as they get older. not less.
    but i will not give the sick old dirty men out there the chance to see more than what is necessary of my little girl.

As a survivor of sexual abuse, that's how i feel.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• WHOA!!!! Who's talkin bout SEX chic-a-dee? LOL Bikini doesnt = sex!
    I understand how you feel ...I really do. I didn't think I'd buy my daughter a bikini at this age either..but they are cute..nothing sexual about them whatsoever. Her American Flag one even covers up her whole belly..has a really long top.
    Anyway..I like her bathing suits..proud of my hoola skirt find! Were going to a hawaiin hoola get together at my moms campground in a few weeks...can't wait! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• Then i wouldn't consider her American Flag one an actual bikini. i would consider it a two piece.

And you may not think bikini's are sexual ...but the old pervert at the beach does.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2010